Saturday, November 23, 2013

That Ikea Kitchen Planner Was Awesome!

When I was planning the design of the house, I used the Ikea kitchen planner to get an idea of how the rooms would look. Windows, floors, room dimensions, can all be customized. So far I think that my house is looking almost exactly how I set it up in the Ikea kitchen planner except for the beams at the ceiling which I added to the real house as an after-thought. This is a great tool for anyone wanting a 3D picture of a room layout. It's free and so easy to use!

 before


 after



 * * * * *



before


after


I also used the photo editor to help decide if I wanted the beams and what size and color beams would look good in the room.


 photo of the room


added brown lines using PicMonkey photo editor

 
 actual beams going up- i think i got pretty close